WHAT IS GITHUB?
For those of you who aren’t familiar with Git, it’s a web-hosting software program. Github (https://github.com/) is becoming one of the premiere tools for offices and other work places. It’s a web-hosting service that helps to maximize your programming potential and reduce much of the web provider headache.
There are many details online that explains how Github is better then most other services out there. It’s actually better then most of it’s competitors. Today I will be talking about the benefits and how you can maximize your office productivity.
HOW YOU CAN BENEFIT
1) It’s easy to use. I know others have advertised the same benefit, but Github lives up to it’s promise. Git will also allow you to commit to anything, at anytime or anywhere. Usually you need to be connected to a network to do web-based work online. With Github, you won’t need to. If you are under deadline and you aren’t able to access a connection, Git will work for you. You can get done the work you need to and not worry about constantly having a connection that is down.
2) You can merge onto different branches with greater ease, more efficient then the competitors. Using this software is cheaper then a lot of others out there.
3) It will allow you to control your workflow much better. For many, the stress of the workload weights them down. I can understand, we have all been there. The boss piles on more work each day. Some days you feel as though you can’t even catch up. Github allows you to control the pace. You can actually give out tasks more efficiently. The tasks will get done much quicker. The personal stress level will go down, as well as the rest of the staff in the office.
4) With everything going to one central source, you won’t have many office mishaps coming about. All you do is send the information to one source and your done. It saves the data and you can retrieve it at any time. Git is also going to cut down on the issue of repeating work.
Sometimes when data gets sent to several sources, you run into the risk of repeating yourself. Your office’s reputation will be reflecting poorly on this. When you have to repeat yourself and resend data, it takes up time, money, and staff. Git won’t give you this trouble. This leads your office staff open to take on projects that you haven’t been able to get to.
5) You can work in repo mode. This comes in handy why you are dealing with a temperamental server. When the server goes down, you lose time and money. When the server goes down, you could lose potential clients. If your clients can’t get a hold of you, you might lose them. That means loss of money. If the connection is faulty or down, just turn on repo and work till you can’t do it anymore.
6)There is only one directory. Others software web-hosting servers have more then one. This takes up space. You have to create a directory for each sub-file. This also takes away from other work, work the office staff needs to handle. Get the Github. You have one file, one directory. This will make your life so much simpler.
7)Your disk space will be optimized to the fullest extent. Github will clear out the space and get rid of what you don’t need. Not many web-hosting providers will do this. Your network performance will also be improved, far greater then other systems on the market. You won’t have to deal with a slow-running system. Github will back up everything and get rid of unwanted space.
8)You are able to team up with other people that much sooner and quicker. Git allows you to merge on other projects and get involved. Your other programs or files won’t be affected by it either.
9) Git is not just a code. What I mean by code is with the hacking protocol. You can use it for hacking, if you really want to. It just offers so much more.
SOME FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1) Is it for big offices? Can smaller offices use it too?
The main site is used for the smaller offices or startups. If you are a large corporation, you can upgrade. The upgrade would be GITHUB::FI. This stands for firewall install. The benefits of the Github upgrade is you can do your own private networking, while taking advantage of the main features.
2)How do I get involved with Github?
Log onto the site and take the beginner’s course. Once you do this, create your own Git computer-system. Create the Git repo and fork it. Once that is done, just start becoming social. Start putting yourself out there.
If you have already done the above steps, you need to focus on socializing. Use the system to your own advantage. Look at the social networks and see how you can get involved. You can keep tabs on what your friends are doing. Do they need to be in the system too? Not really, but it does help. You can keep tabs on what is going on around you. You can also keep tabs on different projects that are out there. If there something you want to be included in, you can reach out.